Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas is Near

This year, Christmas crept up on me. Mainly because there were so many events leading up to it. Now I find myself days away from the actual day and I haven't even wrapped presents yet! I am not panicking though. I am actually kinda sad leading up to it because the Christmas I knew growing up is gone for the time being. My family and I used to have this big lead up into Christmas. We'd have a big dinner on the 24th with family and friends, watch the carols on tv for a while, go to midnight mass and then open presents once we got home. I remember, as kids, my cousins and I would run home before the priest has even delivered the final blessing because we were so excited about the presents! These days, those memories are nothing but distant. Times change. People change. And here I am still holding onto memories. I loved that tradition. I loved being surrounded by family and friends. That's what Christmas is all about.

These days, I have to make new traditions.

Why?

Because people just won't let go.

No comments: