Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cramming Candyland

When I was planning my son's 1st birthday party, I had a whole system going. I had personalized stamps, personalised balloons, I had research done and even had a folder to keep all my paperwork in.  The party was held in our house.  Lawn was newly laid.  I hired chairs and tables.  We had ball pits.  We had gazebos.  We had the works.  It was a big party.  Theme: CIRCUS!

Fast forward to my daughter's 1st birthday party....

Party will be held at a buffet restaurant.  Invites still being done as we speak.  Hoping to get them out by Monday. No personalised stamps.  No folder.  I try to do things in between feeding the soon to be birthday celebrant and helping her big brother tie his shoelaces for school. But we do have a theme - CANDYLAND!  And it is still big!

Funny how life changes in 6 years.

No comments: