Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Ate One Too Many Chocolates


24-2-10, originally uploaded by rhee1975.

My pregnancy this time round is the complete opposite when I had my first one. First thing was the morning sickness - I had it bad this time round. I couldn't eat meat, couldn't stand perfume or anything with scents (even laundry powder!), couldn't cook anything and I was sick all day long. If I wanted to eat something and I didn't get it, I would be sick the whole day! I was so happy that once I passed the first trimester, all morning sickness symptoms went away.

This time round, I also have a chocolate craving. It actually started with a mango ice-cream craving - and not just any mango ice-cream either. It had to be Magnolia Mango Ice Cream. Any other brand just did not cut it. Once the mango ice cream craving ebbed away, the chocolate craving replaced it with a vengeance! I gobbled chocolate every chance I got. I don't normally buy chocolate when I do my grocery but this time I was buying them by the block.

Which explains why I ended up in my obstetrician's office this morning. I was summoned there because my glucose tolerance test was "slightly" high. So now I have to have a fasting glucose tolerance test on Monday.

Am I worried? Hell yeah!

So for lent I gave up chocolate. I am shying away from sweets too. It is so very difficult when all I can think about is buying a slab of Sara Lee chocolate cake and eating the icing off it! UGH!

But for the sake of mine and my baby's health, I must stay away from chocolate.

I know I shouldn't worry but knowing me, I won't stop until Lil Bean is delivered safe and healthy. And I come out of the ordeal okay too.

No comments: