Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wiggly Birthday


9-3-10, originally uploaded by rhee1975.
My son was invited to a 3rd birthday party today. It was at the Wiggly Centre. Last time we were there was for his 2nd birthday party and he was stuck in the toddler's play area. Today he was unleashed to the big kid's play area. Time flies!

It was really weird that amidst all the kid chaos and Wiggles songs playing over and over on the speakers, I had to go to the bathroom and do a blood glucose test. This involves pricking my finger, drawing blood and putting said blood on a test strip (which is inserted into a small portable blood glucose machine). You wait 5 seconds and viola, it displays your reading. Hardly the activity you see at an indoor play centre!

Funny thing with this "slightly elevated" blood sugar, I have suddenly stopped craving all the sweet things that I craved earlier on in my pregnancy. I guess that's a good thing.

No comments: